Saturday, October 6, 2007

fin de siècle

1 1/2oz gin
3/4oz sweet vermouth
1/4oz Amer Picon
1 dash orange bitters

Stir with ice, strain into cocktail glass. Source: Robert Hess

I tried a teeny sip of the Amer Picon straight and did not find it as intimidating as I'd been lead to believe it should be -- in fact, I thought it was pretty darn good. This drink has a nice sharpness to it, and is really smooth to sip. Nice tingle. I do seem to be gravitating towards the gin/bitter drinks; I should try playing with whiskey for a change.

EDIT: I was really enjoying this cocktail until Husband knocked a large portion of it into my crotch. Rather than change out of my jeans, I finished it off and now I am going to bed, pouting all the while.

1 comment:

TimothyB said...

You know, there is just something interesting about the phrase "I ginned up her crotch" . . .

Sounds like it should be in a 1940's, unrated version detective novel. :-)