Thursday, October 11, 2007

*unnamed drink*

Earlier this week, we found ourselves at the newly-luxurized Natick Mall on a mission for a blazer for Husband. As a result of our awesome planning, we hadn't eaten upon completion of the mission at 9.30 so we went over to the Metropolitan Bar and Grill for some meat product -- and I spied a bottle of St. Germain at the bar! I asked our server if the bartender would make something for me with it. The bar manager was around, so he mixed this up for me -- I have no idea what the proportions are, but I am guessing 2:1 gin to St. Germain maybe?

gin
St. Germain
"splash" grapefruit juice
simple syrup
1 dash Angostura bitters

Husband decided it tasted like Florida. I have never been to Florida, instead I decided it was tasty for a sweet drink. Discussion ensued regarding whether or not it actually was a sweet drink (I vote yes). We did manage to eat as well, thankfully.

No comments: