Thursday, March 5, 2009

cold turkey

1 1/2 oz Wild Turkey American Honey Liqueur
1/2 oz Calvados
1 dash Monin Cinnamon Syrup
2 oz Sidre Doux Sparkling Cider

Shake all but the cider with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Top off with cider.

On Tuesday, I went down to the Beehive to wait for Andrea to be done with her hair appointment. I sat down at the bar with my friend Bukowski (Portions from a Wine Stained Notebook) and picked out the Cold Turkey off of their cocktail list for Russ the bartender to make for me. I was a little surprised when I saw him top off the drink with sparkling cider when the menu stated that it contained Champagne; however, the cider probably worked a lot better with the Calvados and cinnamon flavors than Champagne might have. The cider did impart a nice crispness to the drink similar to a sparkling wine's effect so it was indeed a good substitution. In the end, it was a decent autumnal-themed cocktail albeit a little on the sweet side of things but not overly so.

No comments: