Monday, August 16, 2010

[starboard tack]

1 1/2 oz Ragged Mountain Rum
1 oz Lustau Amontillado Sherry
1/2 oz Vanilla Syrup
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with an orange twist.

For my second drink at Lineage, bartender Ryan Lotz wanted me to test out his work in progress. When I heard that it was Berkshire Mountain's rum paired with sherry, I was excited to give it a try. The rest of the drink was a sour mix of fresh lemon juice and vanilla-infused simple syrup.
The orange aroma from the twist worked well with the rum and sherry flavors on the sip. The lemon appeared a little later in the sip followed by a lingering vanilla note and nuttiness of the Amontillado sherry. When I let Andrea have a taste, she commented that it was a "really good dessert cocktail."

No comments: