Thursday, August 25, 2011

quechua

1 1/2 oz Pisco (Macchu Pisco)
1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1 dash Angostura Bitters
3 Coffee Beans

Muddle the coffee beans. Add rest of ingredients and ice, shake, and double strain into a cocktail glass.
I was recently asked about one of the drinks I created back in June for the "orange and lime" Thursday Drink Night back in June. Beside the Milord Gower, I made a drink later in the evening that was a hybrid of Pisco Punch and the Zambito. With the pisco's origin in mind, I named the drink Quechua after the Native American language spoken in Peru as well as other parts of the Inca empire. With so many complementary pairings in this drink including coffee and lime, the Quechua was a decent creation.

2 comments:

Tony Harion said...

hey! I like this idea! I think i might play with it tomorrow, although I wish I had better pisco in hand than I think I have right now..

Maybe some rum could work here too if my pisco doesnt fit right

frederic said...

I could see a white rum working well here. Give it a whirl.