Wednesday, October 29, 2014

town meeting

1 1/2 oz Infiniti Rhum Blanc
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
1/2 oz Maurin Quina
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a Single Old Fashioned Glass. Garnish with lime oil.

Two Tuesdays ago, I headed over to Park Restaurant in Harvard Square where bartenders Nick Checchio and Luke Graham were at the stick. For a drink, I asked Nick for the Town Meeting, and he commented that it was most likely bartender Robert Grafton's creation. On paper, it came across like a hybrid of a Last Word and a Tiki drink, so I was intrigued. I was also curious about the agricole-style rum being produced by Infiniti in Portland, Maine, for I was only familiar with their beer that I had tried at Lord Hobo.
The Town Meeting began with a Green Chartreuse aroma that led into a lemon and cherry flavored sip. The swallow then offered the rhum's funk and the Chartreuse's herbal notes with a growing cinnamon finish.

No comments: