Saturday, June 27, 2015

apocalypto

2 oz Pisco (Macchu Pisco)
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup (BG Reynolds)
1/4 oz Vanilla Syrup (BG Reynolds)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime peel skull and drops of Peychaud's Bitters as a spine.
Continuing on with my Tiki trend, I turned to a recipe I spotted in the OnTheBar app called the Apocalypto. The drink was created by Audrey King of the Eddy and Aurora bars in Providence, RI, and I took the skull garnish part as a challenge. I did not try to match the Misfits-like skull of Audrey (see link), but I did my own style of skull instead. Once prepared, the Apocalypto offered a lime and passion fruit aroma in an almost floral way. Tropical flavors from the lime and passion fruit on the sip gave way to pisco, vanilla, and lime tartness on the swallow.

No comments: