Sunday, June 14, 2015

take a minute

1 1/2 oz Cocchi Americano
3/4 oz Pimm's No. 1
1/2 oz Cynar
1/4 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe. Garnish with a lemon twist.

A few Sundays ago, I stopped into Backbar on the way home from my shift for Alex Homans was the guest bartender that night. The bar's drink of the day was Alex's Take a Minute; he described the concept as something he created for when people are out drinking and want to continue their night, so something with lots of low proof ingredients to recalibrate is needed. This shim (or low proof cocktail) intrigued me for I recall how well a slight amount of Cynar worked in the Fox Hunt (and despite my need for something more in line with uncalibrating my night after getting off work).
The Take a Minute shared a lemon aroma that gave way to a light, citrussy wine sip. The swallow though was full of strawberry and earthy bitter flavors ending in an orange peel swallow.

No comments: