Monday, November 9, 2015

natural

1/2 jigger Bacardi (1 oz Old Ipswich Tavern Style Rum, 1/4 oz Smith & Cross)
1/4 jigger Brandy (1/2 oz Pedro Domecq Fundador Solera Reserva)
1 spoon Grenadine (1/2 oz)
1 spoon Orgeat (1/2 oz)
1 spoon Lemon Juice (3/4 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. I added a lemon twist.
After the Nutty Like a Fruitcake, I looked to Boothby's 1934 World Drinks and How to Mix Them for an use of the rest of the lemon juice. There I spotted the Natural which had a decent continuity of flavors from the last drink. Moreover, it had a somewhat Tiki feel to it, so I converted the proportions to something resembling how I would make a Mai Tai; however, I still kept the cocktail glass format instead of serving it on ice. Once assembled, the Natural's lemon nose prepared the mouth for the lemon and pomegranate sip. Next, the swallow shared a rich combination of rum, brandy, butterscotch, and nutty flavors.

No comments: