Wednesday, November 25, 2015

what would bill murray do?

1 1/2 oz Boodles Gin
3/4 oz Carrot Juice
1/4 oz Suze Gentian Liqueur
1/2 oz Aperol
1/2 oz Falernum
1/4 oz Lemon Juice
Oil from a Lemon Twist

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe. Garnish with a second lemon twist.
After we closed the Baldwin Bar at Sichuan Garden, Vannaluck, Raul, and Ran invited Andrea and me to accompany them to the Bancroft for a nightcap. For a drink, I was intrigued by the What Would Bill Murray Do and asked bartender Melissa Filgerleski for one. She had to explain the name to me for I had not seen the movie Rushmore and was unaware of the scene where Bill Murray went over to the teacher's house where she offered him some of her carrots (I later caught up on that scene via YouTube). Moreover, I mentioned that this was the second time that I had tried a carrot cocktail with the first being Trina's Starlite Lounge's Left Turn at Alburquerque. Once prepared it shared a lemon and vegetal aroma. The sip displayed lemon and orange notes along with a thick mouthfeel, and the swallow was a bit more complex with juniper and earthy bitter rootiness with a dry clove finish.

No comments: