Tuesday, April 26, 2016

kelimutu

1 1/2 oz Batavia Arrack
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

Two Tuesdays ago when I got home from my bar shift, Andrea was returning home from visiting Estragon. There, bartender Sahil Mehta sent the recipe for the Kelimutu with my wife for me to make as my shift drink since I can rarely sit at his bar due to our incompatible schedules lately. For a name, it seemed like he chose a volcano in Indonesia to give a good Tiki feel to this Batavia Arrack-laden drink.
I selected the most Estragon-like glass I owned to serve myself this tropical delight. And on the nose, it offered cinamon-scented fruit notes, and this led into a mostly lime-flavored sip. The swallow was a bit more complex with Batavia Arrack's funk, passion fruit, cinnamon, and other spice notes.

No comments: