Wednesday, August 10, 2016

the galleon

1 oz Dos Maderas 5+3 Rum
1 oz Lustau Palo Cortado Sherry
1/2 oz Bonal Gentiane-Quina
1/2 oz Benedictine
1 dash Angostura Bitters
1 dash Peychaud's Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Sahil had mentioned that the Herr Professor was a possible submission for a cocktail competition, but he wanted to show me the other possible drink recipe to get my opinion as to which was better. The Galleon had caught my eye in the recipe notebook, but after having the Grease Lightning as my first, I wanted to wait on having a Bonal and Benedictine drink and opted with the Herr Professor instead. In the glass, the Galleon presented a lemon oil and grape aroma that led into a mix of sherry and Bonal grape notes on the sip. The swallow was a bit more complex with rum and savory herbal flavors.

No comments: