Friday, June 23, 2017

sailor's negroni

1 oz Campari
1 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1/2 oz Coffee Liqueur (Galliano Ristretto)
1/2 oz Mezcal (Montelobos)

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass, fill with ice, and garnish with an orange slice (orange twist).

Two Fridays ago at the tail end of Negroni week, I looked to a post that I had spotted on my Imbibe blog feed called the Sailor's Negroni. The recipe was crafted by Flavio Angiolillo of MAG in Milan, Italy, and my curiosity about the name was assuaged when I figured out that it was named after the Sailor's brand coffee liqueur. Given how agave, Campari, and coffee work well together such as in the Razor Ramon, I was excited to give this one a try.
The Sailor's Negroni reached the nose with orange and coffee roast aromas. Next, a citrus peel-tinged grape on the sip gave way to coffee and bitter orange on the swallow with a smoky agave finish.

No comments: