Saturday, June 10, 2017

viceroy

1 1/2 oz Four Roses Bourbon
1/2 oz Green Tea Syrup
1/2 oz Honey Syrup (1:1)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a large cocktail coupe containing 2 oz soda water, and garnish with an orange twist.
About two months ago, I had a guest at a table request a lighter Bourbon drink, and I crafted this recipe. That guest and another at the table began ordering rounds of them, and they requested a name for this creation. Wanting to stick to a Kentucky theme, I looked up the state symbols and settled on the dignified sounding Viceroy that is the state butterfly of Kentucky. I later made the drink for another regular at the bar who later wrote me for the recipe and wondered why I had never written it up. Two weeks later, the original guest came in an ordered the Viceroy by name (as did one of his tablemates later) and I finally took a photo of this pleasing whiskey drink for my records.

No comments: