Tuesday, August 1, 2017

little boots

1 oz Diplomatico Planas White Rum
1 oz Amaro Montenegro
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Orgeat
1 tsp Bittermens Tiki Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into a Collins glass, and fill with crushed ice. Garnish with 1 dash Angostura Bitters and a lemon twist, and add a straw.
As I was approaching Compere Lapin, I bumped into Tad Carducci who was leading a bus-drawn Diplomatico Rum cocktail crawl across the city. Tad invited me to join them at the Cure, so I agreed and hopped on the bus. There, we were treated to a small menu of Diplomatico drinks, and I selected the Little Boots created by Cure bartender Ryan Gannon who also was the one who mixed it for me. Once prepared, the Little Boots gave forth a lemon, clove, and cinnamon bouquet to the nose. Next, a creamy lemon sip transitioned into rum, nutty, and clementine flavors on the swallow with a spice-driven finish.

No comments: