Monday, January 29, 2018

lost at sea

1 1/2 oz Dry Gin (Beefeater)
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Guava Purée (Guava Jelly melted 1:1 with water)
1/2 oz Orgeat
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a Tiki mug, and fill with crushed ice. I garnished with a mint sprig and freshly grated nutmeg.
Two Mondays ago, I began perusing the web for tropical ideas for another entry in the Tiki the Snow Away event on Instagram. On the BarNotes app, I came across the 2015-vintage Lost at Sea by Chris Resnick while at Cardinal Spirits in Indiana, and the combination reminded me of the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a with guava in place of Peychaud's Bitters. Once prepared, the Lost at Sea proffered a woody spice and mint aroma from the garnishes that I added. Next, lemon, pineapple, and guava on the sip transitioned into gin, pineapple, and nutty flavors on the swallow with a lingering guava finish.

No comments: