Monday, August 19, 2019

creolita

1 1/2 oz Aged Rum (Barbancourt 8 Year)
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Martini Grand Lusso)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Benedictine
1/4 oz Amer Picon (Torani Amer)
1 pinch Salt

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.

Two Mondays ago, I thought about the Manhattan variation the Creole, and I wondered if I could make it into a Daiquiri if I swapped rum as the base and added lime juice. Given the original recipe, it seemed like the Floridita would make as a great skeleton to manipulate. I originally made this drink with lime, vermouth, citrus, and the two liqueurs; however, it was a touch too bitter, and I remade it with a small pinch of salt which transformed it into a delight.
Instead of calling it the Creole Daiquiri, I dubbed this one the Creolita in line with the Floridita. The Creolita began with a dark orange aroma countered by bright lime notes. Next, lime, caramel, and grape mingled on the sip, and the swallow proffered rum and a slightly bitter orange-herbal flavor.

No comments: