Tuesday, September 3, 2019

once over #2

1 1/2 oz Aperol
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Orgeat
1/2 oz Tequila (Lunazul)
5 leaf Mint

Blend with 1+ cup crushed ice and pour into a Collins glass. Float 1/4 oz mezcal (Fidencio) and garnish with a bouquet of mint.
Two Tuesdays, I was in the mood for something on the lighter side, so I reached for Drew Lazor's Session Cocktails. There, I was drawn in by the Once Over #2 by Ryan Gannon of The Cure in New Orleans; Ryan named the drink that he crafted for an agave spirit popup event after the song "The Once Over Twice" by the Los Angeles punk band X. Once blended, the Once Over #2 welcomed the nose with a mint and smoke aroma. Next, a creamy lime sip led into orange and mint flavors on the swallow with a tequila finish.

1 comment:

adventures in alchemy said...

I'm trying to find the recipe for the Once Over OG. I think it was equal parts but can't find any mention of it online.
Cheers!
-PJ