Monday, October 28, 2019

quarterback

2/3 Rye Whiskey (1 3/4 oz Old Overholt)
1/3 Italian Vermouth (3/4 oz Martini Grand Lusso)
1 dash Crème Yvette (1/4 oz)
1 dash Picon Bitters (1/4 oz Torani Amer)

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass; I added a lemon twist.
After returning home late from work on Monday night, I turned to Pioneers of Mixing at Elite Bars: 1903-1933 for a nightcap. In the American whiskey section, I spied the Quarterback that reminded me of a few drinks including the Brooklyn and Caboose. In the glass, the Quarterback hiked into a lemon and floral aroma with a red orchard fruit note that reminded me of sloe berries. Next, the Quarterback stepped back into a grape, cherry, and berry sip that handed off to a rye, bitter orange, and raspberry swallow with a vanilla-floral finish. Overall, the cocktail was a Manhattan torn between sweet and bitter fruit notes.

No comments: