Monday, November 18, 2019

cassini slingshot

1 1/2 oz Gin (Tanqueray)
1/2 oz Limoncello (Sogno di Sorrento)
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1/4 oz Orgeat
1/4 oz Falernum (Velvet)
1 Whole Egg

Shake once without ice and once with ice, strain into a single old fashioned or coupe glass (coupe), and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

Two Mondays ago after dinner, Andrea mentioned that she would enjoy a Flip due to the chilly weather. After spending a bit of time searching my library for a recipe, I decided to craft one instead. The Flip the Bird as a Jungle Bird riff turned into an egg drink came to mind, and I began to ponder what other Tiki classic could be transformed. I soon honed in on the Saturn, and I figured that limoncello could substitute for the citrus similar to how Paul McGee swaps curaçao for orange juice.
For a name, I honed in on the modern adventures with Saturn via the Cassini probe, and I dubbed this after the probe's final entry to study Saturn's atmosphere. Cassini utilized a slingshot technique around Saturn's moon Titan to gain enough velocity to achieve its last experiment and its demise. The Cassini Slingshot before an entry sip yielded a woody and tropical aroma. Next, a creamy and almond-noted sip sped into a gin, lemon, passion fruit, and clove swallow.

No comments: