Wednesday, December 4, 2019

:: great gift ideas ::

1360 recipes from Boston from ~2005 to 2017: the Golden Age of Boston Cocktails! My first book, Drink & Tell: A Boston Cocktail Book came out in 2012 as my love letter to my city, its bartenders, bars, and recipes. That book alone drove me to drop my day job and become a professional bartender. My next, book, Boston Cocktails: Drunk & Told in 2017 covers the next 5 years of progression tracing the diaspora of talented bartenders across town as new places opened up. A completely new book with no repeats (save for parts of the techniques section) with a dozen or so essays about hospitality, the Daiquiri Time Out origins, and the history of modern Boston speakeasies. While the first book captured a little over 40 bars and 505 recipes, the second was in excess of 100 locations and 855 recipes.

One of my favorite reviews on Amazon:

Perfect holiday presents right here:
Drink & Tell: A Boston Cocktail Book: on Amazon, B&N, and at the Boston Shaker (signed copies available online and in-store).
Boston Cocktails: Drunk & Told: on Amazon, B&N, and at the Boston Shaker (signed copies available online and in-store).

No comments: