Tuesday, December 31, 2019

the bachelor

1 oz Meletti Amaro
1 oz Diplomatico Aged Rum (Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva)
1/2 oz Absinthe (Kübler)
5 dash Bitter Truth Aromatic Bitters (Jerry Thomas Decanter)

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass with ice, and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
After my busy bar shift two Tuesdays ago, I was in the mood for a stiff drink. Therefore, I selected the Bachelor from Punch Drinks that I had marked off months ago; the recipe was crafted by Chris Flannery-McCoy at Maison Premiere, and I saved this one until I was up for a healthy slug of absinthe. Once prepared, the Bachelor opened up with grapefruit, caramel, and anise aromas. Next, a rich caramel sip transitioned to rum and herbal flavors flowing into anise-driven spice on the swallow.

No comments: