Friday, January 31, 2020

death in the north atlantic

2 oz Irish Whiskey (Teeling Small Batch)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Orange Juice
1/2 oz Brown Sugar Syrup
1/4 oz Don's Spices #2 (1/8 oz each Vanilla Syrup and Hamilton's Allspice Dram)
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Whip shake, pour into a Tiki mug, fill with crushed ice, and garnish with a mint sprig (omit) and an orange twist.

Two weeks ago, I was reading through my wrap-up post for Mixology Monday's Irish Wake, and I spotted a pair of Irish whiskey-laden Tiki drinks that would be perfect for the Tiki the Snow Away event on Instagram. The one that I began with was the Death in the North Atlantic by Kitchen Shamanism blog's Robin Famme (a/k/a Kafka Latte); while the name reminded me of my Hell in the Atlantic, it was a twist on Don the Beachcomber's Nui Nui.
The Death in the North Atlantic possessed an exotic nose of orange, allspice, vanilla, and clove elements. Next, orange, lime, and brown sugar notes mingled on the sip, and the swallow wrapped things up with whiskey, allspice, and vanilla flavors.

No comments: