Tuesday, February 11, 2020

sparkling boulevardier

1 oz Angel's Envy Bourbon
1 oz Campari
1 oz Sweet Vermouth

Build in a rocks glass, add ice, and stir. Top with 1 oz Cava and garnish with an orange twist.
Two weeks ago, I traveled down to Louisville as part of my Angel's Envy Whiskey Guardian training. After spending the day at the distillery, we headed over to the Logan Street Market for a class on photography. As a welcome drink, bartender and Whiskey Guardian Ryan Day from Indiana served us Sparkling Boulevardiers that coincided with the Bourbon & Bubbles campaign. While I have had Negronis lightened by soda water (read about the addition of soda water to amaro and vermouth drinks in my notes on the Americano talk given by Eric Seed and David Wondrich), I have not had any Boulevardiers that took that route much less a sparkling wine one. The end result was rather delightful to drink assuming that you're a fan of whiskey and bitter orange notes.

No comments: