Friday, August 21, 2020

skipper

1/2 jigger Gin (2 oz Maine Craft Distilling's Alchemy)
1/4 jigger Maraschino (1/4 oz Luxardo)
1 spoon Grenadine (1/2 oz)
2 spoon Lemon Juice (3/4 oz)

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Friday nights ago, I was perusing William Boothby's 1934 World Drinks & How to Mix Them when I spotted the Skipper that shared the duo of grenadine and Maraschino that worked well in drinks like the Cuban and Mary Pickford. However, as written, the Maraschino quotient was just too high, so I adjusted this Gin Daisy to my palate. Once mixed, the Skipper welcomed the senses with lemon, berry, and nutty cherry aromas. Next, the lemon and berry notes continued on into the sip where they were followed by juniper, pomegranate, and nutty cherry flavors on the swallow.

1 comment:

deet said...

hey! I just wanted to say I was just googling something about agricole tonight and was led to your blog, which I followed avidly pre-offspring maybe ten years ago? more? could that be right? anyhow, I am ecstatic that you’re still at it. I’ve got a lot to catch up on.