Sunday, November 8, 2020

take me to marrakech

1 1/2 oz Armagnac (Laressingle VSOP)
1/2 oz Honey Syrup
1/2 oz Orange Juice
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Scrappy's Cardamom Bitters (The Bitter Housewife Cardamom)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Two Sundays ago, I spotted the Take Me to Marrakech in Sother Teague's I'm Just Here for the Drinks that would make good use of my purchase of cardamom bitters (the ones I bought are similar in feel to Boker's Bitters). The aromas and flavors of the drink reminded Sother of the old marketplaces in Morocco which I attribute most to the exotic notes in cardamom. Once prepared, the Take Me to Marrakech proffered brandy, honey-floral, and cardamom aromas to the nose. Next, honey, lemon, and orange on the sip gave way to brandy and honey flavors on the swallow with a cardamom finish that came across very much like tea.

No comments: