Friday, January 8, 2021

rosarita

1 1/2 oz Blanco Tequila (2 oz Cimarron)
3/4 oz Rosemary Syrup (*)
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Egg White (1 full Egg White)

Shake once without ice and once with ice, and strain into a cocktail coupe.
(*) I made this by mixing 3/4 oz sugar, 3/4 oz water, and leaves from 1 sprig rosemary in a small bowl (lightly covered). I microwaved for a few short bit until it started to boil, and I let it steep 20 minutes or so before straining.
On Christmas Day, I opened up Carey Jones' Brooklyn Bartender and spotted the Rosarita that would make good use of the rosemary sprigs that we had sitting in the fridge. Besides the rosemary syrup, this recipe by David Moo at the Quarter Bar seemed like a delightful yet simple Tequila Sour with egg white. I was able to find other Rosaritas and Rosemary Margaritas that muddled the herb instead of making an infused syrup, but I stuck to the recipe as written. Once prepared, the Rosarita gave forth a rosemary over vegetal agave bouquet to the nose. Next, a creamy lime sip led into tequila accentuated by resin-y notes of the rosemary on the swallow.

No comments: