Tuesday, July 13, 2021

italian old fashioned

1 1/2 oz Angel's Envy Bourbon
1 oz Amaro dell'Etna

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Tuesdays ago, I was visiting a few accounts in the financial district here in Boston to support my brand work with Angel's Envy. Dan Hennessey, the general manager of Pastoral, spotted my posts on my work Instagram and sent a message to come "swing by Pastoral for an Italian Old Fashioned with Angel's Envy and Amaro dell'Etna." His timing was perfect for Pastoral was on the way to my final stop of the evening. When I stopped in, I was surprised that Kobie Ali was back in town from Washington D.C. and behind the stick. The Italian Fashioned that he whipped up for me had the structure of a Black Manhattan with a different amaro as the complement to the whiskey which added delightful herbal, spiced, and minty notes to the finish.

No comments: