Friday, July 16, 2021

noon as dark as midnight

2 oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon (Old Forester 100°)
1/2 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/4 oz Nocino (Russo)
1/4 oz Maple Syrup
2 dash Woodford Reserve Cherry Bitters (King Floyd's Cherry-Cacao)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a Luxardo (Woodford Reserve) cherry.
Two Fridays ago, I began perusing my new purchase of Jess Hubbard's Punk Rock & Cocktails book. The recipe that called out to me was the Noon as Dark as Midnight named after the song by the band Lucero. With the combination of Bourbon, maple, and walnut, it reminded me of the Fall Back, so I was curious to give it a try. Once prepared, the cocktail offered up a Bourbon, maple, and walnut aroma. Next, the sip shared roast notes that were followed up by Bourbon, maple, walnut, and cherry flavors on the swallow.

No comments: