Wednesday, September 1, 2021

call me old fashioned

2 oz Angel's Envy Bourbon
3/4 oz Amaro Montenegro
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup
2 dash Fee's Black Walnut Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass with ice, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Wednesdays ago, my brand work with Angel's Envy brought me to JM Curley in the Downtown Crossing neighborhood of Boston. For one of my drinks, I asked bar manager Katie Soule for an Old Fashioned or a variation thereof. She whipped up one of her creations that had appeared on a previous menu named Call Me Old Fashioned. The combination of Bourbon, Amaro Montenegro, and cinnamon syrup reminded me of the Battle Annie that I had in New York right before quarantine, so I was excited about the drink before it even hit my lips. Overall, this combination made for a great harbinger of Autumn in a glass.

No comments: