Sunday, October 17, 2021

a study in pink

1 1/2 oz Gin (Bombay Dry)
3/4 oz Campari (1/2 oz)
3/4 oz Apricot Liqueur (1/2 oz Rothman & Winter)
3/4 oz Lime Juice (1/2 oz)
1 dash Orange Bitters (Angostura Orange)

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.

Two Sundays ago, I was perusing Kindred Cocktails when I spotted A Study in Pink that reminded me of a Jasmine with apricot instead of orange liqueur. The recipe was crafted by Christopher Bevins and named after the Arthur Conan Doyle story "A Study in Scarlet" as part of the Sherlock series. The Campari, apricot, and citrus reminded me of the Juniper #3 and the St. Botolph's Club, so I was eager to give this one a try.
The A Study in Pink began with bright orange oil, apricot, bitter orange, and pine aromas. Next, lime and stone fruit on the sip uncovered a gin and bitter apricot swallow.

No comments: