Monday, October 11, 2021

language is a virus

1/2 oz Gin (Bombay Dry)
1/2 oz Apple Brandy (Laird's Bonded)
1 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Benedictine

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.

Two Mondays ago, I got home from my bar shift after having thought about the Campari-Benedictine combination. That duo reminded me of my William S. Burrough's tribute The Ticket that Exploded that I had created two years ago, and I decided to riff on it using the gin-apple brandy of the Pink Lady as well as dry vermouth as a balance. For a name, I dubbed this one Language is a Virus after a concept in Burrough's novel The Ticket that Exploded.
Language is a Virus began with an orange, peach, and bitter orange aroma. Next, orange notes on the sip integrated into gin, apple, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: