Thursday, April 7, 2022

diamond rock

2 oz Rhum Agricole (JM Blanc)
3/4 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.

Two Thursdays after work, I thought about how well rhum agricole works with apricot liqueur such as in Rhum Agricot and Fourth Voyage that led to me crafting the Mount Pelee. Also, earlier during my shift, I made a guest Julie Reiner's Slope; therefore, I wondered what a Slope would be like with rhum agricole in place of the rye whiskey. For a name, I was inspired by how the Slope (short for Park Slope) was a neighborhood in Brooklyn, and I dubbed this Diamond Rock after a mini-island off the coast of Martinique.
Diamond Rock welcomed the senses with orange, grassy, and grape aromas. Next, grape and orchard fruit swirled on the sip, and the swallow came through with funky rum, mineral, herbal, and apricot flavors.

No comments: