Sunday, April 10, 2022

fortune teller

1 oz Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva Rum
1 oz Santa Teresa 1796 Rum (Zaya)
1/2 oz Bonal Gentiane-Quina
1/2 oz Cynar

Stir with ice and strain into a double old fashioned glass with a large ice cube.
Two Sundays ago, I ventured into The NoMad Cocktail Book and spotted the Fortune Teller by Leo Robischek. I previously had passed over the recipe for the text described how this was a celebration of two Venezuelan rums, but I figured that having half the call was good enough for now. I was lured in for it reminded me of the Blossom Bar's Palm Viper as well as Donny Clutterbuck's Desk Job and Chad Austin's I Want to Believe given the rum, Cynar, and fortified wine structure. In the glass, the Fortune Teller presented a caramel and hint of milk chocolate nose. Next, caramel, grape, and a hint of smoke on the sip slid into dark rums, burnt caramel, and vegetal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: