Monday, April 25, 2022

king kong

1 1/2 oz Bourbon (Old Grand-Dad Bonded)
1/2 oz Smith & Cross Rum
1/2 oz Crème de Banane (Tempus Fugit)
3 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass with ice, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Mondays ago, I drink passed through my Instagram feed called the King Kong that was created by Sam Ross at Attaboy in 2015. The combination reminded me of a drink that Sam created a few years before at Milk & Honey called the Country Life #2 that I made last week; the difference was that the older recipe was akin to a Manhattan whereas this one was more of a banana-flavored Old Fashioned. In the glass, the King Kong swatted at the nose with lemon, rum funk, caramel, and tropical aromas. Next, the caramel continued on into the sip, and the swallow climbed with Bourbon, funky rum, pineapple, banana, and allspice flavors.

1 comment:

Bryan Varner said...

One of my favorites, even better as a flip