Saturday, April 23, 2022

king of barbados

2 oz Barbados Rum (RL Seale 10 Year)
1/2 oz Calvados (Morin Selection)
3/4 oz Honey Syrup 1:1
1/4 oz St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram (Hamilton's)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a fresh or dehydrated lemon wheel (omit).
For my nightcap two Saturdays ago, I found my collection of recipes to make from Imbibe Magazine, and the King of Barbados from the November 2021 issue spoke to me. This Honey Bee (rum Bee's Knees) of sorts was crafted by Stefan Hueber at Dot Dot Dot in Charlotte, North Carolina, and it provide a good reason to break the seal on my new purchase of R.L. Seale 10 Year Rum (which I had previously bought before in 2018). Once prepared, the King of Barbados proffered an apple, lemon, and allspice aroma. Next, lemon, caramel, and honey notes on the sip decreed an apple, honey, rum, and allspice swallow.

No comments: