Tuesday, May 24, 2022

cure for immortality

3/4 - 1 oz Fernet Branca from a Mini Bottle(*)
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Ginger Syrup
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Demerara Syrup

Mix and pour into a double old fashioned glass. Fill with pellet ice, garnish with a mint sprig, add a straw, and insert the rest of the Fernet Branca mini (1/2 - 3/4 oz) into the ice opening down.
(*) If lacking a mini-bottle of Fernet, perhaps add the full 1 1/2 oz of Fernet Branca into the mix.
Two Tuesdays ago, I made my way over to Offsuit right as they opened up at 5pm and took one of the two bar seats. For a drink, I requested the Cure of Immortality that was found in the "Crushed: Small ice, big dreams" section with the subtitle "buyer beware." I assumed that I had nothing to fear since I love Fernet Branca, and the combination came across like a Fernet Fix crossed with a Fernet Buck. Once prepared, the Cure for Immortality proffered mint over caramel and menthol aromas. Next, pineapple, caramel, and lime notes on the sip flowed into ginger and menthol flavors on the swallow.

No comments: