Tuesday, May 10, 2022

golden ticket

1 1/2 oz Bourbon (Old Grand-Dad Bonded)
1/2 oz Amaro Montenegro
1/2 oz Honey Syrup 1:1
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
While bartending at Drink, I have had good luck with the Gold Rush variation the Rose Gold, but I wanted something for guests who did not enjoy as much bitterness in their cocktails. Therefore, to keep the orange notes, I subbed in Amaro Montenegro for the Campari and have had good luck with it in both the Bourbon and Bee's Knee's riff gin versions. I mentioned this a few weeks prior in my mezcal-rhum agricole All of Freud's Beautiful Women post which stemmed from these more accessible riffs. With this Gold Rush-like drink, soon guests wanted a name, so I decided to make this at home. After weighing the various "gold" names, I settled on the Golden Ticket. Once prepared, it donated a floral, lemon, and clementine aroma. Next, lemon, honey, and orange notes on the sip stepped aside for Bourbon, floral, tangerine, and cinnamon flavors on the swallow.

No comments: