Sunday, June 12, 2022

cantinflas mustache

3/4 oz Reposado Tequila (Cimarron)
3/4 oz Mezcal (Peloton de la Muerte)
3/4 oz Amaro Meletti
3/4 oz Bonal Gentiane-Quina
2 dash Mole Bitters (Angostura Cocoa)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe (or rocks glass), and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Sundays ago, I spotted my bottle of Amaro Meletti and was reminded of the Sharpie Mustache. I decided to take Chris Elford's recipe and swap out the rye and gin for reposado tequila and mezcal to take it in a Mexican direction; in addition, I felt that some chocolate mole bitters would be a benefit here. For a name, I dubbed this one the Cantinflas Mustache after the style made popular by Mexican actors. In the glass, the drink proffered an orange, smoke, caramel, and floral bouquet to the nose. Next, grape and caramel notes on the sip cut into smoky, vegetal, and violet floral flavors on the swallow with a chocolate and smoke finish.

No comments: