Monday, June 13, 2022

carpenter's hand

2 oz Armagnac (Marie Duffau Bas Armagnac Napoleon)
1/2 oz Amontillado Sherry (Lustau)
1/2 oz Drambuie

Build in a double old fashioned glass, add a large ice cube, stir to mix and chill, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Mondays ago, I stopped into Ball Square Fine Wines and spotted the delicious Armagnac, Marie Duffau Napoleon, that I was introduced to in the Smoking Section at Coquette. I had run through my last bottle of Armagnac a few months ago, and the price was too good to pass up. That evening, I set off to find a recipe that would highlight the spirit and uncovered the Carpenter's Hand by Chris Lane at San Francisco's Lolinda which was published in Imbibe Magazine in 2013 via Kindred Cocktails. Once mixed, it offered an orange oil over raisin and prune aroma. Next, grape notes on the sip flowed into brandy, honey, and dried fruit flavors on the swallow.

No comments: