Thursday, June 2, 2022

golden pineapple

1 1/2 oz Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded at work, Old Grand-Dad Bonded at home)
1/2 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum
1/2 oz Honey Syrup 1:1
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/8 oz Demerara Syrup
2 dash Mole Bitters (Bittermens at work, Angostura Cocoa at home)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
Two Thursdays at Drink, I came up with Gold Rush variation for a guest by subbing out part of the Bourbon for pineapple rum and chocolate bitters. When I got home, I wanted to sink into the drink more than the straw taste that I had at work and made one for myself. I ended up dubbing it the Golden Pineapple since the Pickwick Papers as a tribute to the Dicken's novel that mentioned pineapple rum did not seem as appealing of a name. Here, the Golden Pineapple welcomed the senses with honey, lemon, tropical, and Bourbon aromas. Next, lemon and honey on the sip turned into Bourbon and pineapple flavors on the swallow.

No comments: