Sunday, July 10, 2022

i threw a bunch of grandpa chip's war medals off a bridge

1 oz Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
3/4 oz D'ussé Cognac
3/4 oz Oloroso Sherry
1/4 oz Demerara Syrup
1/8 oz Cherry Heering
1/8 oz Fidencio Mezcal
1 dash Absinthe

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with 1 drop apple bitters.
Two Sundays ago, my wife was away and it was my first day off in a bit; therefore, I decided to go on an all-day beer bar crawl at the four breweries in my area starting with Winter Hill. After I made my way to Lamplighter, I turned back to have dinner at Trina's followed by a nightcap cocktail at Backbar. Backbar was in the midst of their Will Ferrell Week, and I selected the "I Threw a Bunch of Grandpa Chip's War Medals Off a Bridge" which was a cocktail created by Peyton Ligon as a tribute to the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Overall, it reminded me a little of the Remember the Maine, so I was intrigued. In the glass, the drink proffered an anise and cherry aroma. Next, grape notes from the sherry and Cognac filled the sip, and the swallow continued on with apple, brandy, herbal, and anise flavors along with a wisp of smoke.

No comments: