Friday, July 1, 2022

the great silence

1 oz Gin (Tamworth Garden)
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Amaro Nardini
1 oz Bonal Gentian Quina

Build in a rocks glass, add a large ice cube, stir, and garnish with an orange twist (omit).
After work two Fridays ago, I became inspired to create a drink instead of spending my time at 3am looking through cocktail books for a recipe. I had been thinking about Rafa Garcia Febles' Klaus Kinski with its Campari-Nardini duo, and I took the Bonal from Joaquín Simo's Key Party where it worked great with gin and Nardini. Circling back to Klaus Kinski, I dubbed this The Great Silence after one of his movies (there was a lot to choose from given that Klaus appeared in 130 movies over 40 years). Once prepared, the new creation generated a pine and herbal aroma. Next, caramel and grape notes on the sip quieted down into a gin, herbal, and bitter orange swallow.

No comments: