Friday, September 16, 2022

hope is a waking dream

1 1/2 oz Gin (Beefeater)
3/4 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/2 oz Cynar
1/4 oz Grenadine
2 dash Angostura Bitters


Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.

Two Fridays ago at work, I made the Giuseppe's Lady for a guest who wanted gin, citrus, and bitter. When I got home, I was inspired to take those flavors in a Martini riff akin to an embittered Atta Boy from The Savoy Cocktail Book such as what was what was done in the Atta Girl with Fernet. For a name, I had still been thinking about my Lyft driver who was talking to me about Aristotle that began with the theory on the three kinds of friendship: friendships of pleasure, of utility, and of virtue. Therefore, I dubbed this one Hope is a Waking Dream after one of Aristotle's sayings.
The Hope is a Waking Dream came through to the senses with a lemon, berry, and pine aroma. Next, a crisp berry and caramel sip flowed into gin, caramel, and herbal notes on the swallow with a berry and clove finish.

No comments: