Thursday, September 1, 2022

trophy room cocktail

3/4 oz Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded)
3/4 oz Cognac (Pierre Ferrand 1840)
3/4 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Maraschino Liqueur (Luxardo)
2 dash Peychaud's Bitters
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora glass, and garnisb with an orange twist.
Two Thursdays ago, I utilized my new Patreon subscription to Bartender at Large to find that evening's libation. The recipe that caught my eye was the Trophy Room Cocktail as a Vieux Carré riff created at the exclusive Club 33 at Disneyland. Overall, the combination reminded me more of a Fancy Free and perhaps my Bourbon-Cognac split Gallivanting in Golden Gai moreso than the New Orleans classic, but I was definitely interested in having a go at it. The Trophy Room Cocktail began with an orange and nutty cherry bouquet. Next, caramel and cherry notes on the sip rewarded the senses with Bourbon, brandy, nutty cherry, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: