Saturday, October 1, 2022

leaf fall

1 oz Laphroaig Scotch
1 oz Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
1/2 oz Benedictine
1/2 oz Amaro Sfumato (Zucca will work)
1 dash Angostura Bitters
1 dash Absinthe (10 drop Kübler)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with orange oils from a twist.
After wrapping up hosting a cocktail party at Drink and doing the books two Saturdays ago, I needed a nightcap. I recalled how well Benedictine toned down Fernet Branca in the Campo Viejo, and I wondered what it would do for Amaro Sfumato. With Autumn on its way, the Sfumato and Benedictine led me to the combination of smoky Scotch and apple brandy, and I dubbed it the Leaf Fall. Once prepared, it gave forth an orange, smoke, and apple aroma. Next, a caramel sip fluttered down into an apple, smoke, earth, and herbal swallow.

No comments: