Wednesday, October 5, 2022

two roads diverged

1 1/2 oz Apple Brandy (Laird's Bonded)
1/2 oz Maple Syrup
1/2 oz Benedictine
1/8 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/8 oz Demerara Syrup
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
Two Wednesdays ago, I got a request for a "Fall in a glass" cocktail from a guest at Drink. I took an apple brandy bolstered by maple syrup and spiced with Benedictine, cinnamon syrup, and Angostura bitters route. Things tasted a bit thin so I added a barspoon of Demerara syrup to fatten it up. Given the success of that creation with said guest, I served it later that night for a similar style of request and then for myself as a nightcap. For mine, it offered up apple, maple, and cinnamon aromas. Next, caramel and lemon notes on the sip flowed into apple, maple, herbal, and cinnamon flavors on the swallow. For a name, I dubbed this one Two Roads Diverged after a line from Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" poem akin to my naming convention in my Miles to Go Before I Sleep.

No comments: