Thursday, June 25, 2015

one night in bangkok

1 1/2 oz Barsol Pisco
1/2 oz Benedictine
1/2 oz Clement Creole Shrubb
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe.
For Loyal Nine's Yacht Rock Sunday menu, I mentioned my first pass at the One Night Bangkok which morphed into The Devil Walking Next To Me when I realized that the bottle I thought was allspice dram at the bar was actually Nux Alpina. To that structure (which I made at home), I swapped Batavia Arrack for pisco at work, kept the sweet vermouth and lime juice, and switched the two liqueurs to Benedictine and orange liqueur. While sweet vermouth has worked well in Sours, it seemed a little out of place here, and I ended up dropping it and upping the two liqueurs to resemble a Peruvian Honeymoon.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

I can feel the devil walking next to me