Saturday, June 20, 2015

peacefield

1 oz Plantation 3 Star White Rum
3/4 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Simple Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a large glass filled with cracked ice. Garnish with mint leaves and add straws.

A few Tuesdays ago, I ventured down the Red Line to get to Quincy Center for a visit to the Townshend. When I was greeted by bartenders Sage and Devin Adams, I was surprised to learn that they had only been open for two weeks. I had not been tracking on the time line buzz but made my decision that night because Sage had checked in via the OnTheBar app when I was looking for ideas for the evening. For a first drink, I asked Sage for the Peacefield. Sage explained that the drink was named after the home and farmstead of John Adams and later John Quincy Adams located not too far from the restaurant. The rum base seemed natural for the recipe as the oldest part of the house was built by someone involved in the rum industry from Jamaica.
The Peacefield's mint garnish contributed greatly to the aroma. Lime and a vague fruitiness from the pineapple filled the sip, and the swallow was a combination of the rum, the rest of the pineapple notes, and the Green Chartreuse's herbal elements. Overall, the Peacefield reminded me of a cacao-less Pago Pago, and the presentation was just as enjoyable as the flavor profile.

No comments: