Saturday, September 6, 2008

[marconi wireless like drink]

Rittenhouse Rye
Apple Jack
Punt e Mes
1 dash Regan's Bitters

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Squeeze orange peel over drink and float the peel as garnish.

For my last drink, Kevin wondered if I wanted to try another Pimm's cocktail off their menu or go with something else. When I replied with the latter, he smiled and disappeared to make me a drink based off of what I had drank preceding this one. When he returned, he presented it as a take on the Marconi Wireless, although with the rye in there it could be a Manhattan Wireless? I have no clue about the proportions he used for this drink, but with these ingredients, one could do no wrong with an equal 1:1:1 or perhaps a 3 applejack:2 rye:1 punt e mes plus the orange bitters.

In the end, it tasted like a maltier and spicier Marconi Wireless or a less apple-y Stone Fence.

No comments: